Saturday, August 9, 2014

On Walking

I'm new to New York, but I have been here before. I've come on a couple of vacations and even spent a couple weeks here last summer for a job... and if there's one thing that I associate with New York, it is walking.

You might associate walking with nature, long strolls in the woods, maybe even going on hikes (which is just an annoying way of saying walking outside right?) and sure, these situations involve walking. But nowhere in the world (I'm obviously an expert) do you walk more than in New York. 

Now, I have tried to make my life as lazy as possible, positioning my apartment only a few blocks from the subway and my school essentially right off the subway line (obviously my doing) but I have STILL been dealing with some serious walking... to the point where it is borderline exercise. I know you think I'm being dramatic, but I'm not. Thanks to my impractical adorable footwear choices, I have been wrapping my feet in band-aids every morning. At this rate, I'm going to have to book weekly pedicures to keep myself from becoming some kind of  callused monster. No significant other (hahahaha) will ever want to play footsie with me. 

I'm considering just giving up and hiring someone to carry me around. In New York, thats probably actually possible.

-onny

No comments:

Post a Comment